Partner at CEL Abogados. Head of the Commercial and Company Law Department.
Enrique joined the Firm in 1999. He is currently the partner in charge of the Commercial and Company Law Department. He has participated in numerous company acquisitions, joint ventures, mergers and other structural operations, as well as national and international commercial negotiation. Enrique is a non-voting Secretary to the Board for several national companies, carrying out all the functions of a commercial company secretary and providing legal advice as required on all matters of commercial and company law. He has also amassed extensive experience in insolvency proceedings and company restructurings. He is an official Insolvency Administrator.
He frequently takes part in different legal forums addressing disputes in the fields of commercial and company law. His remarkable background has also seen him participate in issues concerning financial criminal law.
Enrique’s proven technical knowledge of commercial law has led him to become a key member of the Expert Committee on Commercial Law, part of the Commercial Law Department of the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona.
Teaching and Publications
- Lecturer on Commercial Law at a centre associated with the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, from 1995 to 2001.
- Member of the governing board of CIDRIM (Centro de Investigación del Derecho Registral Inmobiliario).
- Lecturer on Contracts and Negotiation at Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía, from 2001 to 2008.
- Project for the Law on Professional Corporations run by CIDRIM in 2006.
- Procedural aspects of civil liability in construction processes, given in 2006 as part of the Master’s in Construction and Real Estate Law by the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona.
- Member of the Expert Committee on Commercial Law, part of the Commercial Law Department of the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona.
- Collaboration in writing Formularios de la Ley de Enjuiciamiento Civil. [Forms for the Law on Civil Procedure], published by Difusión Jurídica y Temas de Actualidad. 2000.
- Collaboration in writing the collective work Instituciones del nuevo proceso civil [The Institutions of New Civil Procedure]. Published by Difusión Jurídica y Temas de Actualidad. 2002.
- “Prescripción y Caducidad en Derecho Registral” [“Statute of Limitations and Expiry in Registry Law”]. Article published in issue 83 of the journal Economist & Jurist in September 2004.
- Co-author of the collective work Memento Práctico sobre Propiedad Horizontal [A Practical Guide to Horizontal Property]. Published by Lefebvre. 2011 and 2012.
Academic Educations and Associations
- 1988. Graduated in Law from Universidad de Barcelona.
- 1988-1989. Postgraduate qualification in General, Company and Analytical Accountancy.
- 1988-1994. Preparation for official competitive examinations to enter the legal profession.
- 1993. Postgraduate qualification in Foreign Trade, Banking Law and the Stock Market, given by FECEA.
- 2001. Postgraduate qualification in Company Law given by the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona.
- 2002. Postgraduate qualification in Land Registry Law given by Universidad de ESADE.
- 2002-2004. Doctoral courses in Commercial Law.
- 2004. Postgraduate qualification in Company Acquisitions and Valuations given by Abad Oliva–CEU.
- 2005. Course on Insolvency Law given by the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona.
- Member of the Bar nº 20.039, Colegio de Abogados de Barcelona.