Miguel Cervilla has extensive experience in providing legal advice both to private individuals and companies at national and international level. His work encompasses pre-litigation, preparing a solid defence for the client, or working at the core of judicial differences of opinion, assuming the defence and technical management of judicial conflicts. At out of court level, he advises the client on preventive action aimed at avoiding judicial conflict and/or, where required, he seeks to solve the matter by drafting and designing proposals for settlement.
He acts most frequently in matters concerning contractual and non contractual liability, particularly in the areas of real estate, construction and banking law, in which fields he has extensive specialist knowledge.
He is likewise experienced in criminal law, especially, among others, in alcohol related crimes, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds, and larceny.
Teaching and Publications
- Teacher in the Master’s degree for Access to the Practice of Law organised by the Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE) in Barcelona, in collaboration with the Universidad Carlos III of Madrid, teaching students in civil procedure and criminal law, since 2016 to date.
- Member of the teaching staff for the Master’s degree in civil procedure law and business law organised by the Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE). 2014 and 2015.
- Teacher and regular speaker in the course on Real Estate Law organised by the Barcelona Bar Association. He has given talks on consumer rights in the field of construction and the regulation of such rights in Catalonia. 2016 to date. Speaker at the Barcelona Bar Association in the course for the Young Lawyers Group in sessions relating to ordinary civil law proceedings, since 2015 to date.
- Author of the monograph “The civil liability of construction agents”. Published by Editorial Difusión Jurídica. 2011 edition.
Academic Educations and Associations
- Doctorate courses on real estate law. Diploma of Advanced Studies. University of Barcelona, October 2011.
- Master’s degree in the Practice of Law. Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE), Barcelona.
- Graduate in Law. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB). 2000.
- Member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
- Languages: Spanish, English and Catalan.